Our curriculum incorporates working to achieve all the above outcomes.
It aims to enhance all areas of a child’s development in readiness for their future life at school and beyond. At preschool the foundations are laid for a lifetime of learning.
Intentional learning will include:
- The ability to manipulate writing tools and scissors with control
- To recognise own name
- Able to or working towards writing own name
- Encourage children to actively participate in group experiences and games
- To recognise numbers to 20 or beyond when appropriate
- Count objects using one to one correspondence
- To recognise basic geometric shapes – square, triangle, circle, rectangle
- To have self help skills
- Speak confidently to adults and peers in a group situation
- Listen and follow instructions
- Engaging in our Bush Classroom on the bushland adjacent to our centre.