Gosford Preschool’s philosophy is under pinned by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, to which Australia is a signatory since 1990.
We have an obligation to enact these rights through inclusion in our early education setting. All staff adhere to the Early Childhood Australia’s Code of Ethics which provides a framework for all early childhood professionals.
At Gosford Preschool we believe:
- It is essential to maintain continuity between the home, the community and the preschool to give children a sense of belonging.
STRONG CULTURAL IDENTITY
- Children develop a strong cultural identity by gaining knowledge and interacting with people across cultures.
EVERY CHILD IS UNIQUE
- Each child is an individual with unique interests and abilities, and will achieve milestones in their learning and development in their own time.
PLAY AND LEARNING
- Children learn through play and should be given equal opportunities to explore and engage within their environment regardless of age, gender, culture and ability.
- It is our role to increase awareness about the environment and promote sustainable management.
- Consistent and appropriate guidelines will assist children to develop the ability to monitor their own behaviour in social and conflict situations.
- The Centre policies and practices should be reviewed regularly to reflect the commitment to research into early childhood and professional learning.
- The management committee is an integral and valued part of the preschool working towards providing an environment that facilitates growth, development and learning.
- We are intentional with every practice and interaction, connecting with our belief in the capabilities of the child. Intentional teaching equals quality of learning, secure and trusting relationships and positive social confidence.