Our literacy curriculum is based on embracing it as a continuous process of learning.
- Children have a positive feeling towards literacy by being exposed to a rich literacy environment
- To enjoy and participate in meaningful language and literacy experiences during every part of the daily routine through play
- Children have a positive experience with books and stories
- To have an increasing understanding that print has meaning
- To learn about language, writing and reading through social experiences
- To learn sounds through The Jolly Phonics scheme
- To understand there is a link between sounds and letters